Jntuk procedure to apply for addition of Grace Marks
Jntuk Procedure for Applying addition of Grace Marks
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU Kakinada) is a public university, located in Kakinada, East Godavari district, north of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is one of India’s leading educational universities focusing on engineering. The university has been accredited by the National Board of Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of University Grants Commission (UGC) with ‘A’ grade. The university has been consistently ranked as the second best university in the state of Andhra Pradesh after Andhra University and as one of the premiere public technological universities across India.
Here we Explain you the produce how to Apply for Addition of Grace Marks in JNTU kakinada
- Presently now, 0.15% grace marks are being allowed for change of class from first class to distinction (69.85% to 70%), Second class to first class (59.85% to 60%) and pass class to second class (49.85% to 50%). With this, a total of 0.15% marks maximum are added to final year project/seminar to enable the student to get higher class for B.Tech/B.Pharm courses.
- Many representations are received from the students that a grace marks may be added for passing, if a candidate failed in one/two subjects with shortage of 1, 2 or 3 marks.
- Under the circumstances stated above, Vice – Chancellor is pleased to extend 0.15% grace marks facility to the candidates of any degree if he/she passes the subject(s) and obtains the degree, subject to approval of academic senate and execute council/MDC. These orders shall come into force from all examinations held during November/December 2013.
- All candidates seeking benefit from the 0.15% grace marks shall apply through proper channel enclosing failed original marks memo. The principal shall verify at the college whether the candidate is passing if 0.15% grace marks facility is extended i.e. 0.15% of grand total marks of the UG/PG courses with fail in maximum two subjects.
- The last performance among the external examinations shall be considered while giving the grace marks, if adding these marks makes the student eligible to get his/her degree, for which the candidate must have appeared at least one examination after 01.01.2014
A separate approval shall be obtained for the eligible candidates for implementation of the above relaxation as and when the applications are received.